Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Emily's Tap Costume?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've really enjoyed reading all the posts and looking at the pictures of Emily. She is a cutie! The first friend doll that I've wanted.

    But the Tap costume and the perm kit (both which I'm thrilled about) make me wish even more that they had made Linda or Susan. Emily wasn't part of Molly's stories for either of these things. Until I read this new story dreamed up about her, I always imagined that she and Molly didn't really even stay that good of friends after she moved to live with her aunt, and then she went back to England. She wasn't mentioned as part of Miss LaVonda's class, or part of the show- she wasn't there for Molly's perm.

    Urgh.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I SO AGREE! I would have loved having an English doll when I was little. I was the complete Anglophile. But of all the historical series characters, Molly has always been the most quintessential American girl of all. You know, the whole apple pie thing. Or turnip pie, yuck. The story with Emily was interesting because it showed what a huge contrast there was between how the two girls were brought up. But let's not turn Emily into a sidekick with a British accent! I have no intention of ever buying Emily. I wish this company would follow the story line!

  3. #3
    Dancingfewl423
    Guest Dancingfewl423's Avatar

    Post

    I agree too. I mean think about it - what would the color war have been without Linda and Susan? And halloween and the trick they played on Ricky? Molly being my first doll, I have read her books thousands of times, meaning I've really grown to love the individual characters created for Linda and Susan. I am getting Emily, but I'm thinking of her more as Molly's friend rather than her best friend, as I suppose AG is attempting to advertise her.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lorak79's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2005
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    me too.. I wonder if they have a new show in Emily's book to justify it..

  5. #5
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I doubted AG would make two friend dolls, so I was wondering if they'd only make either Linda or Susan... I don't know if I like Emily as Molly's friend, so I think my Emily isn't going to be. But I really do like the tap costume though.

  6. #6
    emsmombuysdolls
    Guest emsmombuysdolls's Avatar

    Post

    I don't know if this helps or not. In the pamphlet we were given last night it has pictures from what I assume are Brave Emily. It shows Emily in the tap number. We haven't read that far into the Molly series so I have no idea how the illustrations differ.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm wondering if Emily was chosen to be the friend doll simply so they wouldn't have to try to choose between Linda and Susan. We know that all of the girls are going to be in the movie - we've seen the cast list - so it seems obvious to me that Emily is not replacing the others as Molly's "best" friend. And if they were going to make Emily as the friend doll, it makes sense to have her be a part of the things that Molly, Susan, and Linda were doing together even if the original stories were not written that way. At least it seems that way to me....

  8. #8
    Dancingfewl423
    Guest Dancingfewl423's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Kit, Kat, and Friends:
    But I really do like the tap costume though
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wouldn't it have been cute, if they had made Susan and Linda instead of Emily, if they had made the red tap outfit for Susan and the blue one for Linda?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Dancingfewl423:
    Wouldn't it have been cute, if they had made Susan and Linda instead of Emily, if they had made the red tap outfit for Susan and the blue one for Linda?[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I too LOVE the tap costume- just like the original illustrations- it would have been super cute to get both colors. Those of us with many dolsl could have had a field day buying multiples and making a flag for Molly to dance down (if her sniffles went away in time)

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by emsmombuysdolls:
    I don't know if this helps or not. In the pamphlet we were given last night it has pictures from what I assume are Brave Emily. It shows Emily in the tap number. We haven't read that far into the Molly series so I have no idea how the illustrations differ.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, quite honestly to this avid fan of AG the original books are my "canon" and that really makes it worse. (but I won't shoot the messenger)

    The changes for molly book has a beautiful illustration of the entire tap class dancing down the stairs in rehearsal with molly in the center. You can see Linda and Susan in it, but no Emily. That (and the picture of "Molly is Miss Victory" earlier in the book) are my two favorite illustrations of the entire series.

    I'm just an old sentimental fool, I guess, but i hate them changing books/ stories that have been published for 20+ years so they can sell a new doll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •